Offering clinical placements opportunities since 2007
My Sisters Place Counselling and Therapeutic Services offers fully supervised clinical placements and volunteer counsellor/psychotherapist opportunities for qualified and trainee practitioners to gain valuable specialist training, experience and knowledge in working therapeutically with survivors of abuse.
To be eligible to apply for a clinical placement practitioners must be actively engaged in training at a minimum of foundation degree level, counselling psychology doctorate level or post graduate diploma level or above.
- trainees on foundation level counselling training must be in or accepted onto their 2nd year of training.
- trainee counselling psychologists in their 2nd or 3rd year of training.
- trainees studying at post grad diploma level in their 2nd year.
- psychotherapy trainees in their 2nd or subsequent years.
Trainees must be able to commit to the placement for a minimum of 12 months from the commencement of therapeutic work, hold professional membership of their respective professional bodies for the duration of the placement and hold a DBS enhanced disclosure.
Volunteer Counsellors/Psychotherapists/Counselling Psychologists
My Sisters Place welcomes applications from qualified practitioners who hold recognized therapeutic qualifications and are either accredited by their professional bodies or working towards accreditation. Clinical supervision is included, at no additional cost, within the volunteer Specialist Domestic Abuse Counsellor role.
To meet our standards criteria both trainee and qualified practitioners must complete the following My Sisters Place specialist training:
- ‘TIME’ Training
- 6 Day training in: ‘Working therapeutically with survivors of abuse’
- Service induction training
My Sisters Place Counselling and Therapeutic Services are a: