A maximum of 20 members of staff and volunteers can attend this training module.
Staff must attend this module who intend to attend the training modules entitled TIME for frontline practitioners, TIME for refuge practitioners and TIME for helpline practitioners.
The module aims to build on a basic understanding of trauma and trauma-informed practice and increase participants’ theoretical knowledge of trauma with the introduction of complex trauma, the effects and impacts on survivors of domestic abuse and further details of trauma-informed practice. The module will support practitioners to gain further knowledge and understanding of:
- different categories of trauma and the impact on survivors of domestic abuse across the lifespan.
- a deeper understanding of the neurobiology of trauma.
- recognising when an individual is being affected by trauma.
- the importance of responding to survivors from a trauma-informed perspective that supports recovery and avoids re-traumatisation.
- the impact of trauma on practitioners and the need for self-care.
- increased knowledge of TIME to apply to individual roles within the organisation or service.
The cost of each training module is £600 plus travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses for the TIME trainer. MSP will work with those who commission the training to ensure expenses are as low as possible.
Organisations and services are welcome to commission single training modules or the whole programme of training modules.
MSP will also work with smaller organisations and services whose staff team may be less in number than the maximum number for each training module to consider how they can commission the training in a cost effective manner.
Requirements for delivery of the training
To enable the training to be delivered effectively and smoothly, a room is required that can comfortably accommodate the number of participants equipped with tables and conducive to small group activities.
My Sisters Place will provide a laptop but it is requested that a screen or space to show the training presentation be provided along with a projector, sound and wifi access.
My Sisters Place will also liaise with commissioning organisations and services in advance of delivery of the training to ensure all conditions are set in place to ensure smooth delivery of the training.