A maximum of 20 practitioners and volunteers can attend this module aimed at frontline practitioners and volunteers working with survivors of domestic abuse on a one-to-one basis over varying periods of time.
A prerequisite for attending this module is completion of Time for the basics of trauma and TIME for advancing knowledge of trauma.
Using the TIME model, this module introduces practice tools and interventions to provide trauma-informed practice and trauma specific support for practitioners. This module includes a practical and interactive approach and will support practitioners to:
- recognise and respond when an individual requires psychological support when experiencing the impacts of trauma.
- implement trauma-informed responses when assessing risk and developing safety/support plans.
- utilise TIME practice tools and interventions that build relational connection, increase physical and psychological safety and reduce the risk of re-traumatisation.
- increase knowledge and confidence in matching interventions to survivors needs to support recovery and avoid re-traumatisation.
- understanding personal reactions to trauma and the impacts on survivors and self.
- adopt good levels of self-care and support in their role within a trauma-informed organisation or service.
The cost of each training module is £600 plus travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses for the TIME trainer. MSP will work with those who commission the training to ensure expenses are as low as possible.
Organisations and services are welcome to commission single training modules or the whole programme of training modules.
MSP will also work with smaller organisations and services whose staff team may be less in number than the maximum number for each training module to consider how they can commission the training in a cost effective manner.
Requirements for delivery of the training
To enable the training to be delivered effectively and smoothly, a room is required that can comfortably accommodate the number of participants equipped with tables and conducive to small group activities.
My Sisters Place will provide a laptop but it is requested that a screen or space to show the training presentation be provided along with a projector, sound and wifi access.
My Sisters Place will also liaise with commissioning organisations and services in advance of delivery of the training to ensure all conditions are set in place to ensure smooth delivery of the training.