TIME for Helpline Practitioners
A maximum of 20 practitioners and volunteers can attend this interactive, skills and tool-based module aimed at all practitioners and volunteers who provide telephone, text and online support to survivors of domestic abuse.
A prerequisite for attending this module is completion of TIME for the basics of trauma and TIME to advance knowledge of trauma.
The workshop will support staff and volunteers to:
- recognise if someone contacting the service via voice and non-voice mediums may be experiencing trauma.
- respond effectively to people affected by trauma who are contacting a service via voice and non-voice mediums.
- utilise TIME trauma-informed and trauma specific tools and interventions while engaged in telephone support.
- understand personal reactions to callers affected by trauma and the impacts on survivors and self.
- the importance of good levels of self-care and support in their role within a trauma-informed service.
- increase practitioner’s knowledge and confidence to respond positively to callers accessing a helpline.
The cost of each training module is £600 plus travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses for the TIME trainer. MSP will work with those who commission the training to ensure expenses are as low as possible.
Organisations and services are welcome to commission single training modules or the whole programme of training modules.
MSP will also work with smaller organisations and services whose staff team may be less in number than the maximum number for each training module to consider how they can commission the training in a cost effective manner.
Requirements for delivery of the training
To enable the training to be delivered effectively and smoothly, a room is required that can comfortably accommodate the number of participants equipped with tables and conducive to small group activities.
My Sisters Place will provide a laptop but it is requested that a screen or space to show the training presentation be provided along with a projector, sound and wifi access.
My Sisters Place will also liaise with commissioning organisations and services in advance of delivery of the training to ensure all conditions are set in place to ensure smooth delivery of the training.