TIME for Refuge Practitioners
A maximum of 20 practitioners and volunteers can attend this module aimed at all practitioners working within a refuge setting.
A prerequisite for attending this module is completion of TIME for the basics of trauma and TIME for advancing knowledge of trauma.
The module offers a practical and interactive approach to trauma-informed care and will support practitioners to:
- recognise and respond to individuals within in a refuge setting, when they require psychological support from the impacts of trauma.
- utilise TIME practice tools and interventions to increase physical and psychological safety with individuals affected by trauma to reduce the risk of re-traumatisation at various stages of the refuge process.
- understand personal reactions to trauma and the impacts on survivors and self;
- adopt good levels of self-care and support in their role within a trauma-informed service.
- increase practitioner’s knowledge and confidence to respond positively to support recovery and avoid re-traumatisation.
The cost of each training module is £600 plus travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses for the TIME trainer. MSP will work with those who commission the training to ensure expenses are as low as possible.
Organisations and services are welcome to commission single training modules or the whole programme of training modules.
MSP will also work with smaller organisations and services whose staff team may be less in number than the maximum number for each training module to consider how they can commission the training in a cost effective manner.
Requirements for delivery of the training
To enable the training to be delivered effectively and smoothly, a room is required that can comfortably accommodate the number of participants equipped with tables and conducive to small group activities.
My Sisters Place will provide a laptop but it is requested that a screen or space to show the training presentation be provided along with a projector, sound and wifi access.
My Sisters Place will also liaise with commissioning organisations and services in advance of delivery of the training to ensure all conditions are set in place to ensure smooth delivery of the training.