Considering volunteering for My Sisters Place but not sure how?
Feel you have skills and experience that you would like to share to benefit others?
Would like to work in the womens’/voluntary sector?
Want to offer some of our spare time to make a difference
If your answer to any of the above is yes then why not consider volunteering with us. This can be a very rewarding experience and there are many ways in which you can volunteer to support the work we do and the women we work with.
To volunteer for My Sisters Place we ask that you:
- Have a commitment to tackling domestic violence and supporting women who have experienced abuse.
- Have a non-judgemental, sensitive and supportive approach.
- Are able to work within strict confidentiality procedures holding sensitive information appropriately.
- Are able to offer full day a week to spend on the charities activities.
- Able to engage and interact with a range of people and adapt to different situations.
- Have basic computer skills and good organisational abilities.
We offer you:
- Extensive training and mentoring so you feel comfortable and confident in your volunteer role.
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic team delivering responsive services to women in Middlesbrough.
- An environment you to use your skills and abilities to support women in a positive way.
- An opportunity to support and accompany women to vital appointments such as attending court.
- To take part in the charities fundraising activities.
If you are interested in offering us and the women we support some of your time and would like to find out more about volunteering opportunities please contact our office manager on 01642 241864 or request an application form via email to email@example.com
Work Based Placements
Are you looking for a work based placement?
We support work based placements for courses e.g. social work, nursing, midwifery and these may be available via your training organisation or course provider. Please check with your university/college to see if any formal agreements are in place.
If you have any general enquiries regarding work based placements please use the contact form on this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org